This page is also available in: Greek
Compact Biological Treatment Units
for Urban Sewage
suitable for sewage from 4 to 300 persons
ECONOMY – QUALITY – WATER SAVING
ENVIRONMENTAL RESPECT – SERVICE – RELIABILITY
Environment – Wastewater Management
In Greece, like in most Mediterranean countries, the problem of waste water management is obvious. There is a pollution of the water table (i.e. groundwater level) and the coasts and there is an environmental charge in general. It is our responsibility to contribute to keep environment preservable. The Greek manufacturer of ROTOSEPTIC systems has 35 years of permanent research, development and growth in Industrial products for the storage, conservation of liquids and foods. He supplies the biggest technical and constructing companies in Greece.
Knowledge and experience acquired from all these years gave him the opportunity to develop a new series of compact waste water treatment units, with the commercial name ROTOSEPTIC, which is necessary for homes, country houses, complexes of houses, restaurants, food industries, food or chemical package industries etc. The result we have with the compact waste water treatment units is two-fold:
- Waste water treatment
- Clean water that can be used for garden or agricultural irrigation or watering. In this way, we achieve to recycle a high amount of water, thus saving money by purchasing or pumping from the earth less water.
Compact Small Waste Water Treatment Units
These units comply with the European and German norms EN 12566 & DIN 4261, as well as with the Greek Law (C.M.D. 5673/400/97). These norms accept as Base of Equivalent Population Unit the Hydraulic – Liquid Load of 150 lt/day and Biological Oxygen Demand BOD =60 gr/day.
ROTOSEPTIC Compact Small Waste Water Treatment Units with three treatment stages, are designed to operate with continuous air supply, or with Sequencing Batch Reactor, SBR technology. SBR systems operate with the Active Mud Method and have as main characteristic the sequent supply of air in the tank of biological elaboration.
Why prefer Compact Waste Water Treatment Units ROTOSEPTIC
- They are easy to transport and easy to place on the ground or underground.
- There is a 10 years guarantee for tank ageing.
- They have low maintenance demand.
- They operate either permanently or seasonally.
- There is no dependence from other users.
- They are effective: the water at the output is clean and disinfected.
- They are ecologic and environmentally friendly.
- They are safe, because they meet all safety standards.
- They are economic in their function: they consume low energy and need only a small amount of consumables.
- They are manufactured from a pioneer industrial company, which is certified with ISO-9001:2000.
Operations Diagram of a three stage waste water treatment unit ROTOSEPTIC:
The inlet of waste water comes to the first tank, with the pipe having an angle, in order to facilitate the flow. Inside this first stage tank a separation of the solids (metals, plastics, fat and soil) is taking place. This area is closed and the only ventilation is done through the pipes of the W.C. When this tank is filled up, the overflow waste water with the organic and microbes load goes to the second tank through a system of pipes which operates as a venturi system and through the filter.
This area is an aerobic area which acts as a reactor for the organic substances and the microbes. A reaction follows due to the operation of the bacteria. The initial bacteria are created with the use of special tablets. The creation, development and conservation of these bacteria is necessary for the dissolution of the organic and microbial load of the sewage and transform it to clean water, carbon dioxide and biomass (residual mud). The bacteria development is taking place thanks to the intermittent of continuous oxidization.
This oxidization is successful due to the use of an air pump of a suitable supply, which is relative to the total load that should be treated and the respective internal membranes and blowers, which are usually two or four pieces. When the blowers operate, the aerobic treatment takes place. When this phase of treatment is finished, the phase of stillness follows. In this phase the mud subsides to the floor of the tank. Meanwhile, the clean water passes into the internal cone (third phase), and the overflow passes through a system of pipes and a special disinfection system and from the outlet ends to a final tank or to the garden.
This system has a lifetime guarantee, provided that it works according to the instructions, which are simple to follow.
Further operations – Additional Equipment – Usage of clean water for irrigation / watering
The compact wastewater treatment units ROTOSEPTIC can also be equipped with:
- A fat collector at the beginning of the wastewater pipeline. Usually a separate small tank of 100-200lt is added, with an inside separator of fat and heavy solid items. This tank has to be cleaned periodically.
- A disinfection system at the end of the pipeline, when a further disinfection or chlorination is needed. This is usually necessary when no garden or soil is available to absorb the treated clean water.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is necessary to separate the wastewater of washing machines, because they use chlorine for cleaning or other liquid detergents which are not biodegradable. If these liquids pass at the biological treatment area, the bacteria are eliminated and the system cannot function efficiently or at all.
The treated water can be used for watering of gardens, trees and flowers. This can be done either by using underground pipes with holes or ground pipes with nozzles or by collecting the water into a separate tank and from there distribute the water with a pump or by physical flow.
- Plastic Tank made from Linear Polyethylene, eith very high endurance
- Three stage sewage treatment
- Quiet operation
- Free from bad smell
- Suitable for continuous or intermittent operation
- Suitable for istallation on the ground or underground
- In one day the installation can be accomplishe
- Easy operation
- Very little maintenance
- Possibility for ground level or underground watering of gardens, trees, flowers etc.
- Low maintenance demand
- No need for specialized and trained staff
- No probability to cork or break
- No need for extracts or other re-circulation devices
- They can be cleaned easily
- Easy bacteria cultivation with tablets
- Single phase alternative current
- Extra low energy consumption
- E xcavation. Inlet should be always lower than the pipe of drainage.
- The ground must be able to keep the weight of the filled tank. A floor made from concrete is required.
- If the placing is underground, it is required to drain water from the cave and/or block the tank, in order not to float on underground water. Filling of the gaps with sand.
- There must be always pipes for the ventilation of drainage, on the roof of the building and at the outlet, after the biological treatment of the wastes, so that the fumes find an exhaust in case of a shock of the unit (out of operation).
- Waste Water Filling
- Separation of solids
- Mixing & Oxidization of organic wastes
- Biological Treatment
- Stillness phase – Subsidence of mud
- Collection of clean treated water
- 2.100 lt – horizontal – 4/6 persons
- 2.800 lt – horizontal – 7/9 persons
- 4.700 lt – horizontal – 10/14 persons
- 6.200 lt – horizontal – 15/20 persons
- 4.000 lt – vertical – 7/12 persons
- Bigger capacities can be obtained with complex of units. Capacity up to 300 persons. There are tanks from 50 Lt up to 42.000 Lt available.
IMPORTANCE TO SAFETY
Always there must be given importance to health and insurance. Everybody who is occupied with the maintenance of the unit must be careful for his personal health and for the public disposal of treated water. Once per year it is necessary to have the microbial load values checked by an authorized laboratory, in order to check if the unit is operating well.
PRICES AND OTHER COMMERCIAL INFORMATION
Export price lists and other commercial information such as payment terms, delivery time etc. are available upon request. The same applies also for sales within Greece.
For more information please contact us.
Translation of the Greek terms appearing in the picture above:
Εξαερισμός δικτύου = Piping network ventilation
Πεδίο διήθησης = Filtration field
Απορρόφηση και καθαρισμός υδάτων = Absorptance and cleaning of water
Υδροφόρος Ορίζοντας = Water Carrying Horizon